Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
2013 will rest in everyone’s memories due to a winter and spring that were truly one long wet and cold season. In other words, no real winter and no spring. The accumulation of water during this long period was quite impressive, and the phases of the vine from budbreak to after flowering were rather disrupted, resulting in low yields as the main consequence. The summer was beautiful and warm, which allowed the grapes to reach a sufficient maturity in the end. September had clement weather, though it was still fairly wet. Harvest occurred from October 3 to 11 during difficult weather conditions; sorting was extreme due to the frequent appearance of botrytis and permanent water on the grapes.
The grapes harvested and put in tank were very pretty in the end, a lot of millerandage (well-aerated clusters with little grapes). Fermentations went well and the sugar levels were acceptable, with good acidity. The amount of juice after pressing was average but in the context of the vintage, this helped to ensure a beautiful concentration.
A lot of depth and purity can be found in this wine, supported by a beautiful
structure. The wines are a little more introverted than the vintage before. There
is no rush to open 2013s
- 2021 From disenchantment to delight
- 2020 Rare
- 2019 Climate change confirmed with two seasons: autumn and summer
- 2018 Solar? Not so much!
- 2017 Elegant wines for well-marked terroirs ........... and Update on the 13th vintage
- 2016 Chaotic for a beautiful vintage and low volumes
- 2015 A great classic of Pinot noir … Of Burgundy
- 2014 What a surprise!
- 2013 Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
- 2012 Complicated and stressful, but still… a beautiful vintage
- 2011 A vintage of contrasts.
- 2010 2010 has been stamped with the seal of the truly great vintages.
- 2009 Very popular vintage from the beginning.
- 2008 A difficult year to manage…
- 2007 The wines from the 2007 vintage are fleshy and meaty…
- 2006 A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
- 2005 Superstar year…