A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
A year that began quite cool and humid, the truly beautiful days began in the beginning of June. The vegetative cycle is fairly classic- flowering occurred around the 21st of June and stretched for about 10 days with great weather conditions. The risk of mildew was everpresent.
The month of July was very summery, rather hot and humid at the end, as veraison began. On the 27th the weather shifted dramatically to a thunderstorm with hail above
Chambolle-Musigny and Gevrey-Chambertin, though the damage was fairly minimal in the end.
The month of August was chaotic, with lots of rain and temperatures that were generally below the norms for the time of year. As temperatures rose after the rain, the areas already affected by botrytis began to flare up: during the sunny weather of the first three weeks of September. The grapes continued to ripen, finally reaching desired maturity on September 20th.
Harvest took place from September 21th- 26th with weather that vacillated between a light drizzle/ misty rain and beautiful sunshine.
The wines started vinification rather nicely, with a certain simplicity, even serenity!
Extraction was very moderate; enhanced as the temperature and the alcohol levels rose in the tanks. Everything was classic in this vintage. Elegance, finesse… wines that are restrained and without excess. Each of the terroirs expresses its own classic personality.
- 2021 From disenchantment to delight
- 2020 Rare
- 2019 Climate change confirmed with two seasons: autumn and summer
- 2018 Solar? Not so much!
- 2017 Elegant wines for well-marked terroirs ........... and Update on the 13th vintage
- 2016 Chaotic for a beautiful vintage and low volumes
- 2015 A great classic of Pinot noir … Of Burgundy
- 2014 What a surprise!
- 2013 Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
- 2012 Complicated and stressful, but still… a beautiful vintage
- 2011 A vintage of contrasts.
- 2010 2010 has been stamped with the seal of the truly great vintages.
- 2009 Very popular vintage from the beginning.
- 2008 A difficult year to manage…
- 2007 The wines from the 2007 vintage are fleshy and meaty…
- 2006 A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
- 2005 Superstar year…