The year when everything went very well. Beautiful weather arrived early in the season, but then a huge storm hit the Côte de Nuits on May 3rd and a wave of ‘ice’ crossed the Côte from the northwest to the southwest. (Croix Blanches, Réas, Jaquines, Lutenières, Echezeaux, and to a lesser extent Chambolle Charmes, were all heavily hit.)
After this traumatizing storm, de-budding was carried out carefully, especially in the worst-hit parcels. Then the region was hit again with hail on May 20th and 21st, this time with a lot of rain… Ouf! Very little damage to the future grape clusters, however.
Flowering unfolded under good conditions; the vines were in full bloom around June 10th.
The summer is memorable for the sustained dry weather. The grape clusters were beautiful and aerated. On September 6th the long-awaited rain finally arrived, bringing with it a bit of botrytis…
Harvest was carried out from September 17th to 23rd with good weather conditions.
The grapes were beautiful, though a modest sorting was still necessary. The grape skins were thick. Vinification unfolded without a hitch. A lot of substance and generosity, still a fair bit of acidity. 2005 is a very great vintage, though it closed back up quickly after bottling.
- 2021 From disenchantment to delight
- 2020 Rare
- 2019 Climate change confirmed with two seasons: autumn and summer
- 2018 Solar? Not so much!
- 2017 Elegant wines for well-marked terroirs ........... and Update on the 13th vintage
- 2016 Chaotic for a beautiful vintage and low volumes
- 2015 A great classic of Pinot noir … Of Burgundy
- 2014 What a surprise!
- 2013 Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
- 2012 Complicated and stressful, but still… a beautiful vintage
- 2011 A vintage of contrasts.
- 2010 2010 has been stamped with the seal of the truly great vintages.
- 2009 Very popular vintage from the beginning.
- 2008 A difficult year to manage…
- 2007 The wines from the 2007 vintage are fleshy and meaty…
- 2006 A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
- 2005 Superstar year…