Very popular vintage from the beginning.
In the business we talk about a ‘quanti/quali’ vintage, meaning a beautiful year with good yields, a year when everyone is happy. In the spring and beginning of summer we were provided with the ideal kinds and amounts of precipitations. Though some inconsequential Tstormy episodes sparked worry, the clement temperatures promoted the unfolding of an untroubled, uninterrupted vegetative cycle. A hot, dry August meant that grapes reached a very nice level of ripeness without stressing the vines; by August 25th, vérasion had practically finished. Harvest began September 10th with excellent conditions; the Indian summer continued until mid-October.
Vinification and aging were models of ease, in the good sense of the term. Things were not complicated. The wines were tasting well right away, from the beginning to the end of the aging period. Following this stage, the wines closed up a bit again, showing a more monolithic, more massive aspect. Beautiful wines, the 2009s are most certainly made for aging, essentially based on a solid structure.
- 2021 From disenchantment to delight
- 2020 Rare
- 2019 Climate change confirmed with two seasons: autumn and summer
- 2018 Solar? Not so much!
- 2017 Elegant wines for well-marked terroirs ........... and Update on the 13th vintage
- 2016 Chaotic for a beautiful vintage and low volumes
- 2015 A great classic of Pinot noir … Of Burgundy
- 2014 What a surprise!
- 2013 Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
- 2012 Complicated and stressful, but still… a beautiful vintage
- 2011 A vintage of contrasts.
- 2010 2010 has been stamped with the seal of the truly great vintages.
- 2009 Very popular vintage from the beginning.
- 2008 A difficult year to manage…
- 2007 The wines from the 2007 vintage are fleshy and meaty…
- 2006 A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
- 2005 Superstar year…