In 2014 the vines’ cycle began with a fairly mild winter and a sunny, rather warm spring.
Ideal weather conditions during flowering resulted in a promising, though not excessive potential fruit set. Summer was a completely different story. On June 28 a wave of
hail hit the vineyard slopes and though damage was limited in general, certain areas were completely wiped out.From the beginning of July until August 17th, the weather became fairly wet and clouds covered the sky. Next, the complete opposite: beautiful, hot weather for more than two months allowed the grapes to reach maturity. However, the effects of these drastic changes in weather were still felt- through the development of acidic rot caused by fruit flies.
The harvest start date of September 13th was a compromise between achieving sufficient maturity levels and a limiting the infestation of these insects. The sugar/acid balance was satisfactory. Grapes were meticulously sorted, and the selection of whole clusters was particularly careful. The grapes did not spontaneously release their components and color; we had to survey each cuvée and extract gently but regularly.
During barrel aging this vintage soon proved to be fairly full-bodied, but without weight, and with a certain kinship to its predecessor- the 2013 vintage- with a little more roundness.
soul despite the rather schizophrenic weather of the summer. The 2014s do
Burgundy justice, with their fidelity to the terroir, the conviviality with which
they open up in their youth, and their aging potential of at least 15 years.
- 2016 Chaotic for a beautiful vintage and low volumes
- 2015 A great classic of Pinot noir … Of Burgundy
- 2014 What a surprise!
- 2013 Low volumes, purity, inhibition, concentration: a beautiful vintage!
- 2012 Complicated and stressful, but still… a beautiful vintage
- 2011 A vintage of contrasts.
- 2010 2010 has been stamped with the seal of the truly great vintages.
- 2009 Very popular vintage from the beginning.
- 2008 A difficult year to manage…
- 2007 The wines from the 2007 vintage are fleshy and meaty…
- 2006 A ‘Classic’ of Burgundian Pinot Noir
- 2005 Superstar year…